One of Ohio’s LARGEST Charity Poker Tournaments
Sunday, August 25, 2013 at The Blackwell on The Ohio State University campus!
This tournament is for ALL levels of players to enjoy a fun filled and competitive day of tournament style No-Limit Texas Hold-em to benefit one of the greatest causes a Buckeye or poker fan can support. Take a shot at winning your part of up to $18,000 in cash pay-out (dependent upon number of entries) at the inaugural Cards to Cure Cancer poker tournament. Each donational entry fee is 50% tax deductible (since the other 50% is paid out to top place finishers) and more importantly it is supporting the 2014 Buckeye Cruise for Cancer in the fight against cancer. The Buckeye Cruise for Cancer raises money directly for the Urban & Shelley Meyer Fund for Cancer Research and The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute. Thanks to all of our Sponsors, Donors, and Players, we have raised over $50,000 in the first two years!
Play along side your favorite celebrity Buckeye Greats!
Play poker alongside our celebrity players including: Scoonie Penn, Justin Zwick, Dimitrius Stanley, Josh Huston, JJ Sullinger, Terence Dials, Joe Bradley, Dustin Fox, Tony Locke, Brandon Joe, and Mike Doss! Also a great opportunity for autographs and pictures before the tournament starts and on breaks.
All levels of players welcome, only a limited number of seats available!
Tournament buy-in includes your seat in the tournament, a lunch buffet, afternoon snacks, and beverages! The event is being held at The Blackwell hotel on The Ohio State University campus in the Fisher College of Business complex. See the Schedule for specific times.
Additional details include:
- $150 donation entry fee, no rebuys
- 9:00-10:00am check-in (walk-ins by 9:30), 10:00am announcements and raffle, 10:30am cards fly!
- at least 10 places paid, 50% to prize money, 50% to the Cause
- players start with $6,000 in chips
- extra $1000 for preregistered players (preregistration ends Sat, Aug 24 at 6pm)
- blind levels will be 20 minutes with four blind levels per round
- lunch buffet and afternoon snacks included
- OSU alumni cheerleaders will be serving food and beverage during tournament play
- 20 minute breaks between rounds to stretch and enjoy food and beverage
- cash bar available
- accommodations available at the Blackwell at a reduced rate for “Cards to Cure Cancer”.
Last years tournament hosted 188 players.
Our 2013 Goal:
With your help, our goal for the 2013 Cards to Cure Cancer Tournament is to host over 200 players and raise $30,000 for the Cause! The feedback from last years tournament has been absolutely amazing and we anticipate selling out this year.
For the most current updates on Cards to Cure Cancer events, “Like” our facebook page here.
Go Bucks!! Beat Cancer!!
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org